One of the oldest Independent churches in the country, records for Brickfields go back to 1672. The first chapel was built on the site in 1776, and the building reconstructed in 1896, when most of the new housing had been constructed. After extensive damage from the Blitz, it was repaired and reopened in 1952. In the 1990s it was home to one of Newham’s first independent nurseries. Following refurbishment, it is now a specialist school for children and young people.
Add a comment about this page