In 1890, the area now occupied by houses was open fields, with a Congregational chapel near the eastern end.
In 1892 plans for a residential development of houses on Shirley, Maiden, Worland, White, Glenavon, Vernon, Tennyson, Faringford and Aldworth Roads were approved. The builders were Chambers & Masters.
By 1906, the majority of the new roads and houses were built, and a new school constructed.
We are currently preparing the timeline for the website. In the meantime, it is available in the Discovering Stratford Village deposit at Newham Archives and Local Studies Centre.